We acknowledge that we are in Mi’kma’ki, which is the traditional ancestral territory of the Mi’kmaq people
• The grade 12 leadership class will be hosting a co-ed dodge ball tournament as a fundraiser for their year-end trip to Brigadoon. Sign up will take place on April 26th and 27th at lunch hour outside of the gym. The price will be $2 per person with a non-perishable food item and $3 without one. The minimum number of team members is 8 and the maximum is 10.
• Boys’ softball sign up and meeting at lunch in room 304.
• Meeting Wednesday at 10:30 in room 314 – expression of interest for track and field.
• Cavalier of the Year Sign-up sheet is posted on the Student Council Room. Anyone is welcome to sign up.
• We Act meeting today after school.
• Ms. Stairs in student services is collecting grad fees. This year's early bird fee is $50 dollars cash only. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Dean Stevenson in RM 314. The Graduation Ceremony will be held at school on June 27, 2 p.m.
• May 11th to 13th St F. X. will be hosting a Leadership Development Conference. High school students and 4-H seniors from all over Atlantic Canada are invited to learn about leadership development in the areas of community engagement and communication. Stop by Student Services or the Main office to see the poster and find out how to register.
Attention Grade 12 Students – Post Secondary Opportunities:
• Nova Scotia Power is pleased to announce The Chris Huskilson Emera Scholarship: applicants must have academic excellence and be attending an Atlantic Canadian university in the areas of science, technology, engineering, entrepreneurship or math. The recipient will receive $10,000 per year for four years as well as a paid, 12-week internship and a senior mentor from one of Emera’s companies. Deadline for applications is April 26th. Further details and Application Form are available online at emera.com/scholarships
• Reminder to students attending St. Mary’s University next year reps from St. Mary’s will be in room 314 on Wednesday at 8:30 to assist students with course registration. Student planning to attend can sign up in Student services.
• The scholarship page on the school website is up and running again. Please check this page regularly for the next number of weeks – there are lots of deadlines coming up for some important awards, such as the Cole Harbour Foundation Scholarships, plus many more.
• Any Grade 12 students still undecided about your university plans for the fall? Memorial University of Newfoundland is still accepting applications for their Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science programs. Go to their webpage for more details on how to apply if you are interested.
• Open Houses are not considered school-based activities; missed classes due to attending these events will be counted towards your attendance.