We acknowledge that we are in Mi’kma’ki, which is the traditional ancestral territory of the Mi’kmaq people
• The library is closed today and tomorrow to accommodate the PISA testing. Thanks for understanding.
• The Cole Harbour Cavaliers beat the Sir john A Flames 61-26 in the Girls Rugby Tier 1 quarterfinal on Monday.
• The boys’ rugby team played in the semi-final yesterday and fell short against C. P. Allen. Scoring for Cole Harbour was Blaze Hulan. The boys play for third place Thursday against Citadel, 3:30 pm in Halifax.
• Mandatory Cavalier of the Year rehearsal today after school at 2pm in the cafetorium. If you cannot attend please let Ms. Griffin in room 104 know.
• Yoga field trip Thursday! First 30 students with permission forms in can go. Open to all yoga students of 2017/2018.
• Orientation Day dance tickets will be sold Tuesday and Wednesday at lunch time in the café area. Tickets are $10 each.
• Cavalier of the Year (the former Mr. Cole Harbour) will be held at the school Thursday May 31st at 7pm. Tickets will be sold at the door for only $5 per person. This event will be hilarious and entertaining and will help to lower the cost of prom tickets.
• The 2018 Prom guest’s application sheets are available in the front office. Applications must be submitted before end of today. Prom tickets go on sale May 29th.
• Students interested in becoming this year’s Cole Harbour District High School valedictorian must submit their speech to Ms. Finnemore by tomorrow. If you are interested in competing or would like to be a judge for the final competition, please see Ms. Finnemore.
• Ms. Stairs in student services is collecting grad fees. This year's fee is $50 dollars, cash only. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Dean Stevenson in RM 314. The Graduation Ceremony will be held at school on June 27, 2 p.m.
• The Royal City Soccer Club is looking for staff and volunteers for their soccer day camps being help in July and August. Interested students can get more information and applications in student services.
Attention Grade 12 Students – Post Secondary Opportunities:
• Reminder to those students attending the student loan session tomorrow in room 304 that they must have their signed permission forms to participate.
• Open Houses are not considered school-based activities; missed classes due to attending these events will be counted towards your attendance.